When we talk, how much of our message is conveyed through words alone? Less than half! Social scientists have known this for decades. You probably do, too. And in spite of this valuable insight, we still focus so much on words. Why? Learning nonverbal cues is left to chance. These days, we have fewer chances to share nonverbal messages now that we socialize more with with screens, and less in person.
Your English teacher taught you verbal vocabulary, year after year. But hardly anyone teaches the vocabulary of body language. Alex Feldman’s Primal Talk turns theory into practice, and gets everyone not just thinking , but doing. You’ll be more fun in everyday interactions, and more likely to be your best self in important situations.
- Community Builders – Help inspire others, or just get your people on the same page.
- Service & Retail – Customers feel better around employees who “speak” primal talk.
- Teachers – Want another tool for classroom management? Your students attend better when you communicate with primal talk.
- Families – Do you get to the point where you’re just building a wall of words that won’t work? Turn that perceived “nag” into a “nudge” with a little primal talk.
- Resolve Conflicts – Ever need to dial down a tense situation? This simple repositioning of the body in relation to the other party can go a long way toward smoothing things out.
- Networking – being aware of primal talk helps you connect more quickly with other people.
- Daily Interactions – Lighten up small interactions. When people around you feel good, so do you!
He is based in Boston, MA, but frequently performs in countries that don’t speak English. His act works on a curious premise: he assumes you understand him, even though he is speaking gibberish. Every “word” coming from his mouth is made up. Non-sense sounds, pure gobbledygook! And somehow, with his animated face, attention to tone of voice, eloquent gestures, and skills of mimicry, you will more then understand him, you will…more